Sailors aren’t the only ones who are wearing blue and white stripes this season – so is the “it” gal. Look beyond the classic blue and white breton stripe and accompany nautical with less obvious colour patterns and combinations.
If you want to add some edge to the American sweetheart look – here are our tips to approach the trend from a subtle angle with new nuances:
- White pants – whether they are linen or denim this is a must for the nautical just-stepped-off-a-yacht look.
- Contrast colours with the outfit- you can’t go wrong with red or banana yellow, but we suggest pairing with nude, mint green and coral.
- Mix the stripes with floral and fruit prints – this is for the truly bold.
- Go for opposite direction stripes – Spring/Summer runways have been showcasing contrasting direction stripes on the same outfit. A fun bold way to wear stripes (and a definite stand out).
- Gold – Gold – Gold – accessorize with tons of gold to complete the look – the chunkier the better!
Be versatile and take that risk when you mix and match nauticals! Wear flat sandals for a casual look and wedges for a dressier look. The nautical look is just so easy and so classic – you can’t go wrong.