It’s been a late start to summer, so if you’ve not already added these summer trends to your closet…what’s stopping you now? here are some of our favs, but also check out WhoWhatWear’s July list too.
- Over-Accessorizing: necklaces, the more you layer on, the better.
- 80’s Eye Makeup: Don’t worry about going too bold with the electric eye shadow colors—your goal is to evoke double-takes.
- Over-Size Glasses: Over the top big.
- Cut-Offs: Cut-off denim shorts are all the rage among hipsters in NYC.
- Eccentricity: Thanks to stars like Lady Gaga, dressing outrageously has never been so far over the edge.
- Neon Fashion: Go for bright colors in your fashion, from glasses to toes, and all the clothes and accessories between.
- Denim: After months of black leggings, jeans are back in, and in a big, blue way.
- Tattered, Torn and Ripped: The more ratty your jeans—or leggings—look, the better this season. Pair them with flat gladiators or daring pumps.
- Maxi Dresses: It’s been decades since dresses have been as in-style as they are this season. Summer 2009 is all about minis to maxi dresses.
On that note, I picked up this T-Bags silk maxi dress. I’m so hyped to have the right event to wear it at. I’ll work on that!