November “it” Girl – Coco Rocha
“I’ve never told anyone,” the part-Irish, part-Russian beauty tells [Flare] The Richmond, B.C., native does share that Coco is short for “mon petit coco,” a pet name courtesy of her maman. Discovered at age 14 while performing with her Irish-dancing troupe, she’s since starred in campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana, Balenciaga and Lanvin and was dubbed “girl of the season” when she debuted on the runways in 2006 – – and she’s still an "it".
Flare Mag runs thru 10 things they love about model-of-the-moment Coco Rocha. Here are a few:
* She’s the face of Yves Saint Laurent "Elle," the newest fragrance from the fashion house.
* She refuses to choose—she loves lipstick and lip gloss.
* Even though she’s donned the best of the haute heap (during the Fall ’07 couture collections, she was cloaked in Jean Paul Gaultier, Dior, Christian Lacroix and Chanel), Coco still loves her jeans and kicks. “Tight Rag & Bone jeans—which are my favourite, the fit is perfect—with Converse sneakers.”
* Her first pair of high-heels were black stilettos. Naturally.
* She doesn’t skip breakfast (scrambled eggs and fruit), even during the hectic schedule of the international collections.
To read more about Coco Rocha, click here.